How to manage the side effects of Adderall?
Children with ADHD can have short attention and may have problems being hyperactive.
That means that they may not do well at school. Also even have problems at home with after-school activities.
Fortunately, treatments can help to control the symptoms of ADHD in most kids. These treatments include ADHD medications and behavioral therapy.
What is Adderall?
Adderall is the most beneficial ADHD treatment stimulant. So there’s a good reason doctors prescribe them. But these ADHD medicines come with side effects.
Stimulants work on the part of the brain. That helps people pay attention, control impulses, and stay organized.
Studies have found Adderall medicine to be effective in up to 80 percent of people with ADHD.
Because these medications help with ADHD symptoms act on the central nervous system.
Thus, your child may also experience side effects such as mood swings. Or problems sleeping when he starts ADHD treatment.
However, Your doctor prescribed the dosage of starting a child with a low dose. The dose can increase if needed.
Furthermore, Dosages of Adderall available in 5 mg, 7.5 mg, 10 mg, 12.5 mg, 15 mg, 20 mg, and 30 mg. Your doctor may consult your dodge while examining your mental condition.
What are the Side Effects of Adderall?
The side effects of Adderall are severe. So please do take care of yourself while taking Adderall. Although there are some side-effects:
1. Anxiety: Adderall can cause severe anxiety. Although you and Your child may feel anxious for the first day after starting the stimulant. but do not panic. Thus, this is a side effect that should go away.
2. An upset stomach: However, Adderall dosage should be easy at the start. But when the dosage gets high it can affect your stomach. As result, it can cause constipation, or upset the stomach.
But Thankfully, an upset stomach that’s caused by the medication usually doesn’t last long. Besides, eating a high-protein breakfast can help to manage your stomach problems.
3.Difficulty in sleeping: Alongside, there are high chances and risks. The side effects of Adderall can cause insomnia or midnight sleeping problems. Thus, a stimulant can affect your body. Which can cause you some difficulties while sleeping.
4. Daytime drowsiness: In addition to having trouble falling asleep. Stimulants may also cause you to spend more time in rapid eye movement sleep which is a lighter stage of sleep.
You may feel drowsiness and dizziness throughout the day.
7. Headaches: However, It’s common to experience headaches at the beginning of new medication. But you can manage the headaches with an over-the-counter pain reliever.
8. Decreased appetite: Thus, having changes in appetite is a normal side-effect of every medicine. But usually, Adderall can make your changes in appetite worse.
Additionally, ADHD medications can cause a decrease in heart rate and blood pressure.
furthermore, that children with ADHD should get tested. Before starting the stimulant to be sure they don’t have a heart condition.
How to manage the side effects of Adderall?
Therefore the side effects of Adderall can be severe. And cause you to face other conditions such as heart problems and high blood pressure.
Thus, the essential thing is how to manage these side-effects. Hence, some of the side effects can usually go away without consulting other medicine.
But some severe conditions can only go further with the help of stimulants. Alongside this, you can manage all side effects of Adderall. While making their dosage low.
However, The lower the dosage the less likely it to have any side effects. Moreover, a less dosage can make your treatment slow but it can manage your side effects.
Moreover, Taking the drug usually in the morning can also help reduce symptoms. If you take Adderall late in the day, you might have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
But, also remember not to lower your dosage on your own. Take the doctor’s consultation and follow their receipts.
Moreover, When your doctor prescribes you a central nervous system stimulant. such as Adderall they start you with a low dosage. Then they increase the dosage slowly.
However, A lower dosage is less likely to give you withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking the drug.
Although, As a parent letting your doctor know if they’ve gotten better. or worse while your child is taking the medication.
( Source by Youtube )